Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Isabella!

Wow, what a weekend we had! I didn't realize how much work went into a 1st birthday party! :) I feel like I've been planning this thing forever. But in the end, it was so much fun and she was all worth it. I guess it seemed a little hectic because my sister-in-law and I made the birthday cakes. Only a mommy would work on a birthday cake for 2 nights and 1 morning starting at 5am! Kim and I baked the caterpillar cakes in two nights and then the morning of her party we iced them. Here's a before and after picture of the cake. I think it turned out pretty great. I knew what I wanted and didn't think I could get someone to make it like I wanted, so I knew I just had to make it myself. Thanks to Kim, the expert, I couldn't have done it without her! Thanks Kim! It was perfect.


After baking these, we spread them out on the table to get a feel for what we were into.

You don't even want to know how much money I spent on icing! Here's Aunt Kim working hard.

The finished product.

This is Isabella's cake for her to dig into. A smaller replica of the big cake.



She woke up that morning at 6:30am and I thought maybe she'd take a little snooze before we headed out to the park. Did that happen? Of course not! It was her party and she was not about to sleep. Needless to say, even without sleep she did not cry once! It was miserably hot and muggy. I felt so bad for my grandparents that came. I might need to rethink an outdoor birthday party for next year. Everybody was sweating! We hired a guy to do balloon animals and the kids loved it. Abbie and Lillie are playing with their swords. Here's some other sweet pictures from the party.


This quilt deserves special mentioning. My Grandmother "Granny Beach" hand quilted this for Isabella. She's made one for the grandkids and the great grandkids. Isabella was the final great grandkid that she is doing one for so this is extra special to me. She is in her 80's and still does beautiful work like this. She is a very special lady in my life and I love her so much! Thank you Granny for this gift that will be cherished forever. We love you.


It covers most of my kitchen floor.

Thank you to everyone who came and blessed her with a birthday present. Not seen here is a Kangaroo climber her Gigi got her and a River Run Water Park her Gram Gram got her. Thanks you so much! She loved it all!




2 comments:

Alison said...

Heather,

That cake looks awesome! I can't believe that Isabella is ONE! That is just crazy! Seems like I just talked to you after you got home for the hospital with her! haha

The party looks awesome and I love Isabella in her outfit! So glad it worked out!

Miss you...can't believe we are heading back to school soon!

Alison

Lana said...

HEY! Isabella is absolutely adorable...her little personality shines like crazy. You are certainly blessed and I hope to meet Miss Isabella soon! We'll have to get all the girls and baby Harrison together and play...at the beach or in TN. I'm glad that you were able to download the site meter...it's kinda scary when you think about who is looking at your blog! Once I figure out how to make the blogs "private" I will ceretainly pass that information along to you. There is also a way that you can view any comments that come to your blog (like this comment) before it posts...my sister also had someone from Turkey post a comment on her blog and she didn't know them. I'm learning alot about this blog stuff...will share that info once I get it. Take care, love ya! Lana