I hope everybody has a blessed Thanksgiving. I was reading in Parents magazine about how a mom has a routine with her 3 year old at night: first they read a couple of books, sing two songs, and then tell each other some things they are grateful for. They did this every night of the year. I hope to do the same with Isabella when she's a little older. Children these days just don't seem to appreciate the beauty of life (colorful trees, the wind blowing their hair, the stars at night). Even teaching Kindergarten I can see how early children develop this sense of under appreciation for the things around them (the things that don't cost money). Appreciating life doesn't mean we always enjoy every moment of it. I had to take Isabella back to the doctor yesterday to find out she had pink eye in both eyes. And she had to get the other half of her flu shot. Not fun. What I didn't realize would be the worst part is getting the drops IN her eyes. Let me say NOT FUN! Most of it just runs down her face and into her eye lashes. I just hope it gets in there somehow. Even through all the doctor visits and myself not feeling up to par lately, I am still so thankful and grateful for everything in my life. Every moment that passes is one I'll never get back again. Sometimes that can be a good thing too. No matter where you are in life, be thankful. I once heard "The angels stand in awe of us on earth. For all they know is God. They don't know what it's like to live on earth and trust in an invisible God. They respect us for that." What a thought to think about. I guess this goes with the verse in the Bible that talks about it is more blessed to believe in God and not have seen than to have seen and then believed. There's always a reason to be thankful. Mainly because we have a God who loves us unconditionally. Love, love, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to those statements. I am so very blessed with family and love that every day feels like Thanksgiving Day. To all those who can't seem to find anything to be happy about, just look around you, everything God makes is beautiful!! I love you daughter. Have a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!!
Mom
Post a Comment