Saturday, August 29, 2009

Finally made time.....

Ok, so I finally sat myself down to write on my blog today. Let's just say the past several months have been so super busy and I have been beyond tired to keep up with this lately. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I have never been more tired! This pregnancy has been very different than with Isabella. I guess the timing of going back to work with school starting and having to be on my feet all day long and coming home and being mommy has made the difference. I've been putting Isabella to bed and off to bed I go! I have felt sick to my stomach the whole time, but I'm praying this eases soon. It's even kept me up at night a lot. But I know it should not last too much longer thank the Lord! My class this year is really wonderful. The children are so precious, with only a couple who try to push the limits. But that is totally expected with 20 five year olds. Overall they are so great and I am so happy to have them this year. I just hope my energy levels go back up soon so I can keep up with them and give them all the attention they need. I've also started a devotional at school for any teachers and staff that want to attend. It's very unlike me to lead any type of Bible study or devotional like this for adults, but I felt like that's what God was asking of me all summer long to do for our teachers. He has definitely blessed it. I've had anywhere from 8-15 teachers in it since I started. It's only about 5-10 minutes right before school on Tuesday mornings. It's been so beneficial for me to encourage myself and at the same time be able to encourage others in the things of God. We are blessed to have a principal and school that allows that to happen. Isabella is in a new mother's day out program at Bethel Baptist near our house with her cousin Tessa. She still does not like to be dropped off, but she always ends up having a great day. I have to brag on her a little bit though, she knows all of her colors, can count higher than some of my Kindergarteners, and has been talking in complete sentences now! Just today she said, "I want a hot dog, Mommy." I was like "awwww!" I totally understood every word and she continues to keep adding more and more words to her sentences. We are going to see the Wiggles in concert tonight! It was a gift from her Gigi for her birthday. We are very excited about it. We've watched them on DVD for so long and it'll be nice to actually see them in person. How fun! I'll hopefully post pictures soon. Peter is still at the zoo working on catering events and managing their food/beverage department. He still enjoys it and we love visiting him too! In fact I think we're going to go tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be so nice. Well, that's about it for now. I think I'll go rest before the Wiggles! Hope everyone is doing well......enjoy this nice week coming up!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I hope your sickness does get better soon! It will be worth it though :) I've been meaning to tell you that I'm sorry I am not at the bible study on Tuesday mornings, I have morning duty on that day in the gym. But I'm glad its going great!! See you soon.

Kristen said...

I'm so happy for you! I was actually thinking on Friday that I wanted to come down and spend some time with you. It is hard when I am only at school half the week, but it sounds like you guys are doing great! Have fun at the zoo tomorrow.

Valerie said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! From the beginning, this pregnancy has been harder on me too. I think it's because I have a 2 year old to chase after!! Adding you to my prayer list of pregnant mommies! Have a great week.