Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Utero

I haven't blogged in a while, mainly because I've been working up until last week (week 39 for me) and I come home to my precious 2 year old and then I'm totally exhausted and usually in bed by 8:30. I have had days where it hurts to walk, my back aches, and my feet/legs are swollen, but mostly I have days where I realize this will be the last time that I will be pregnant again. (unless God has other plans). It makes me sad in a lot of ways, but Peter and I both agree that 2 children will be blessings enough for us and our family. Every time I feel Pierce move and kick around in my belly I stop what I'm doing and rub on him as much as I can. After having Isabella you kind of forget a lot about what it feels like. I'm trying to remember everything about these last few days as much as I can. It's so strange to feel him rub up against my bones. I just can't imagine that he's actually comfortable in there. But I'm sure God makes it as comfy as possible for His little creations. I wander who he will look like. Me, Peter, or Isabella? Or maybe a little of all of us. I've had about 3 dreams about what he will look like, but I can't seem to get one clear picture of his face. It's been kind of like a side profile or a foggy atmosphere. Kind of strange I know. I'm due in exactly 3 days. I'm only 70% and at a 1 1/2 dilated. So, I'm pretty sure he'll be late. Isabella was a week late and everything turned out great. She was 8 lbs even and I'm wandering how big he'll be. I say he'll be more than 8 lbs now that it looks like he'll be late. We shall see very soon. Isabella is excited when she talks about him, but I wander how she will really cope with a new baby in the house. I pray her adjustment won't take too long. I know it will rock her world, but it will be good for her. She will love helping mommy and daddy. Well, friends pray for me and a smooth delivery. I shall post pics of our new addition soon.

BTW, thanks Anna for making me realize I need to record this moment.
I will definitely cherish it.

2 comments:

jen said...

Heather I am praying for you girl and cannot wait to see pics

Gigi 2008 said...

Beautifully said!! You are an amazing Mom, Wife, Daughter and Christian woman!! God has blessed us with your beauty in every way. I cannot wait to hold our new baby boy!!! Prayers for an easy delivery and a healthy baby!! I love you - Mom!