Friday, August 1, 2008

Be Aware!

Last year I was leaving K-mart parking lot and this man urged me to listen to his sob story. It went like this: "I'm so sorry, but I cannot get a hold of my wife on my cell phone and I am completely out of gas. I've never done this before and I am so embarrassed. Would you please give me a couple of dollars so I can make it home? I am really sorry, I can't believe this. I am so very embarrassed to ask you for money." He acted really sad, so I think I had a dollar or two on me and I gave them to him. Well, quite coincidentally, I had the very same guy do the exact same to me today at Target in Rivergate! (This is a year later!) He was driving a different car (blue or gray mini van) and he gave the exact same spill! I just looked at him and said "Have you ever done this before because that is the exact same story I heard not too long ago!?" When I quickly pulled off I realized it was the exact same guy! He has dark brown hair, dark complected, white guy who looks slim. I got home and called Target security and they said he probably goes around to different parking lots and that's how he makes his living. Just be on the lookout for this guy or anyone else that has a story like this. Security said he will more than likely only target young females. So, be on the lookout, please!

1 comment:

Gigi 2008 said...

Hey Heather. There's a black lady about 50 who does this around Rivergate also. She has tried to get $$ from me 3 different times. She doesn't even remember the people she has asked for money from. Her story is that she has to go pick up her elderly mother and thought she had enough gas to get there but ran out. I have told her 2 other times that she's already used that one on me. She just walks away. Be very very careful. Some of these people are dangerous, most are not. Love you, Mom