Saturday, August 23, 2008

So Busy!!

As most of you know I teach Kindergarten. So, the reason I haven't posted in a while is I'm back to work! Oh how busy I've been. You can't even imagine how much work goes into preparing my classroom, meeting the little ones, and beginning a new year with Kindergartners. I feel like I haven't been able to think straight lately. I knew this was coming though. I told Peter as soon as I started back to work my mind would constantly be on overdrive until next May. And I really meant it! :) I love my job though. Since I do have to work I couldn't think of a better job to have than the one I'm doing. It took me a while and a lot of student loans to get here, but I did. Those kids are so precious. Even the ones that I have to fine tune during the year, figuratively speaking. They usually end up teaching me something through their sweet personalities. I meet some awesome parents too. I still have great friendships with parents whose children I had 3 years ago. It's just been such a great experience these last three years. This year I'm finally tenure! No more observations for a while. Yay! Anyway, while I was working last week Peter brought Isabella to my classroom after my kids left. She had fun playing in my loft and walking around the room. Here's some pictures of that:



You can see her and Peter peeking through the wood of the loft. There's a kitchen in there with pots and pans. She could have played in there all day.



Peter and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary at the Titans pre-season game. Peter also sent roses to the school and it was a total surprise for me. I loved them. It was nice to get out for a while with him and my sis. She and Greg were celebrating their 9th wedding anniversary too. The night was so beautiful and the game was fun. We took some silly pictures of each other and then some normal ones. We had a good time. Happy 7 years together honey! I love you! What goobers we are.





Last Saturday was our step-niece's birthday party. Alyssa turned 5. She had a fun swim party at mom's. All the kids had a great time in the pool and eating cake. Happy Birthday Alyssa!



Here's a few pictures of Isabella in the nursery. She looked too cute sitting at the table, so I had to take a few pictures of her with her friends. Revin (Lori & Ben Sugg's son)was her buddy in class that day. He was so cute with her.



Today was Amanda's baby shower for Harrison! He'll be here in at least 5 1/2 weeks. She's already having a lot of braxton hicks contractions. She's doing really well though. We had the shower in baby blue and khaki. It looks so different with blue everywhere. We're so used to our girlie girls. Amanda got a lot of great gifts for him. Tessa and Isabella had fun playing together as usual. Isabella was very whiny off and on the whole shower. But you'd never guess it by some of these faces. Teeth coming maybe? Never know. She talks ALL the time, I just sometimes wish I could understand her especially when she's not acting herself. It's hard when you don't know what's wrong with your baby. But she ended up having a better time as the night carried on. Amanda, you look so beautiful! I can't wait to meet my precious nephew! Love you!









3 comments:

Kristen said...

Isabella looks so cute in her blue plaid at the baby shower. Congrats on 7 years!

Alison said...

great post! i miss you.

love,
alison

Amanda said...

We had so much fun at the game and at the shower! Thanks for making Harrison's first baby shower so special! Love you!