Saturday, October 4, 2008
FireProof The Movie
Well, last minute yesterday Krista asked me if Peter and I would want to go see this movie with them last night. So, I quickly called "Gram Gram" (Peter's mom) to see if she would mind watching Isabella so we could go. She came over and watched her (Thanks Gram Gram!) and we took off to see the movie. (And thanks Mom for the free tickets!) I had heard this movie was really great, but I guess I didn't realize how much it would affect me and Peter. In the movie, it was so amazing to watch a marriage slowly fading and headed for disaster start to turn around because of Kirk Cameron's character realizing his need for God's love so he could learn how to love his wife. We absolutely cannot love in our own strength and base love on our feelings. I know so many people who are quick to get mad or quick to burst out with something negative to say about their spouses. I have learned over the years to keep my mouth shut, but that is not always easy (and sometimes I still catch myself starting to say things that I shouldn't ). Peter and I loved this movie so much that I actually bought the Love Dare book online this morning. It was really cheap and I'm excited to see what it says. I urge everybody to go see this movie. Just make sure to bring lots of tissues. I've never teared up so much in a movie before. (However, it is not your typical Hollywood love story movie) It just makes you stop and think about what marriage is all about and what's most important in a relationship. Make time to see it! Pray for your marriage or the marriages of people you know. Love, love to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment