Monday, October 13, 2008
Pitiful Day
So I've been on my Fall break from school and needless to say I'm exhausted! Not much of a break I guess. Isabella, poor thing, has not felt well the past 4 days and today she had her 15 month shots. I wasn't sure if she would get them since she had a fever over the weekend. The doctor ordered a finger prick to make sure her blood count was ok and it was. So after getting her ears cleaned out (to check her ears-apparently she has the most wax build up ever!) and then the finger prick, she was NOT a happy camper. She screamed and sobbed what seemed like forever. So the doctor comes back in and says her blood count looks great so she can have her vaccinations. Here it goes, the scream from you know where, 3 shots! Oh it was the most pitiful thing I've ever heard. I've not cried at one of her appointments yet, but today I almost lost it. We both had had enough and I barely remember anything the doctor told me. It seems I always have a ton of questions to ask the doctor but after the screaming I just can't think straight and I never seem to ask them. Oh well, I guess I'll be making a phone call tomorrow. So, it's 7:44 right now and I just put her down for bed. She was lying on the kitchen floor with her blanket and her "pooh" (our word for pacifier) face down on the floor. That was my cue to get her to bed. Maybe Peter will have a better day with her tomorrow than my past 5. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment