Tuesday, December 2, 2008

As of today...

As of today, we're all feeling much better. Thank you for your prayers and sweet comments. I really appreciated them so much! I think I'm the one with the most sensitive stomach right now, but I think I'm getting out of the woods soon. So, as far as we know, it wasn't a "bug" it was actually the stomach flu. I took Isabella back to the pediatrician last night and she said there's nothing else that I could do but let it run its course. I must have looked pretty rough because Dr. Johnson told me I needed to take care of myself :) She ended up giving me a prescription for nausea and told me to get Isabella some gatorade. That was about it. I figured that was what she was going to say, but I'm sure glad I got me some medicine while I was there. Anyway, here's how our Thanksgiving day went.

Since it was so nice outside I decided to let her walk around and push her pink stroller around. The stroller officially belongs to her now. She kind of took it over from our neighbor Gray. I told Krista I'd give it back but she said Isabella could keep it. She loves that thing. It doesn't even have a seat on it, but she doesn't care. She pushes it everywhere! We even took it with us to Chicago. You can tell in some of these pictures that she's pale as a ghost from being sick all night and day. Poor thing didn't eat until 7:00pm that night. She finally had mashed potatoes and a couple of chicken tenders which she scarfed down. I'm glad she ate something, although it did come back up about 3 hours later. I put a flashlight by her bed so we could look at her sheets through the night.


Here's Peter eating his Thanksgiving dinner that Amanda brought to us from Granny Beach's house since we weren't able to go. Thanks Amanda! It was good food. Our tree is up and has lights, but no ornaments yet. We've not been able to get that far. Maybe tomorrow. Our snow village is up. I love Dept. 56's Snow Village. Each year we visit Gatlinburg we purchase a piece or two. We don't have too many yet, but I still love putting them out every year. This year we bought a pet store. Since Isabella loves puppy dogs, we thought that fit us best this year. Two years ago it was a baby store since we were expecting and didn't know the gender yet. That's actually where we came up with the name Isabella Faith, in Gatlingburg. I remember riding in the car with Peter, Shawn and Kim and talking about names. The name Isabella sounded so pretty and I didn't know anyone with the name. I thought I was being unique until she was born which is when I started hearing her name everywhere it seemed!
Go figure.


I don't know about anyone else, but I sort of think she looks like me in these two pictures. She sure has her daddy's eyes, but I think she's resembling me a little more these days.



Here's my Great Grandmother's (Isabella's Great-Great Grandmother) snowman I got out of her attic last year. She passed away several years ago and Peter and I went through a lot of her and my Great Grandfather's Christmas things to remember them by. This is one of our favorites. It's very old as you can tell. We had it outside last year, but it kept falling over so we moved it indoors this year. I think she likes it.


Since she seemed to be feeling a little better after watching Thomas the Train about a million times, I decided to catch her in dance mode. She loves to dance to any tune. Here is a short clip of her dancing a little. She just bobs her head from side to side. It's the most halarious thing ever. She's definitely not being herself in the video, but she sure did try to liven up a bit later on. Enjoy.








2 comments:

Courtney said...

Isn't it funny how the kids will play more with the cheapest toys than the ones you spend a lot of money on?
I am so glad you are feeling better, there is really nothing worse than feeling that way. It was a blessing that we had the day off today for you guys. See you soon!

Gigi 2008 said...

I am sooooo glad you are all better. What a week for you. I love watching Isabella play and dance. The thing I've loved the most lately is watching her study her hands, moving her fingers, watching they do what she wants them to do, so exciting to watch her learn. I love you and with you an amazing Happy Birthday. Love, Mom