Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas so far.......

We've had a lot of family in this past week. Peter's dad came in town from Michigan and stayed with us for about a week and then his sister and her girls came in on Friday night from Illinois. They stayed all weekend and we had Christmas with them at our house. Mattie is 9 and Mary is 6. They had a blast playing with Isabella and she had a blast with them. So much so that she actually slept past 5:30 every morning they were there! Yippee! I couldnt' believe she slept till 7:30 one morning. Never has she slept in that late. I was really excited. I enjoyed a cup of coffee for about 30 minutes before she ever got up. Oh how nice that was. Peter had the day off today and we took a trip out to Opryland hotel. We go out there every year, but this year seemed less thrilling to me than ever. Maybe because it was in the daytime and there was no one there hardly at all. Isabella loved it though. She loved the water, the lights, and the hanging hot air balloons. She just oohhed and aahhed. I guess the less crowd the better for her. She ran all over the place. We did have a good time, but I just wish they would change a few things up each year. Anyway, we've got a lot of Christmas visits coming up for the week ahead. I'm trying to keep all things in perspective though. It's all about Jesus and our greatest love we'll ever know. That's what it's all about. Merry Christmas to everybody that visits my blog. Have a safe and blessed week.







No comments: